City Wide Towing
City Wide Towing and Recovery has opening’s available for full time, day or night shift, Tow Truck Operators in Calgary.
Specialized operators get more respect, earn above average income and benefits working close to home. Every call is different and keeps you on your toes with very little monotony in this type of work.
Are you a pro-trucker with a solid working knowledge of various types of motorcycles, trucks, trailers, and equipment? Do you need/want to be stimulated and constantly challenged in a dynamic environment? Do you like to take a problem and solve it with a logical step by step approach? This is the industry for you!
Why City Wide? For over 50 years we have and continue to be a leader in the industry with a strong focus on operator safety. All our team members are provided with a well-rounded compensation package that includes competitive commission-based pay structure, uniforms, training allowances, safety bonuses, benefits and the opportunity for advancement within the industry. City Wide also provides the necessary training to do the job in a professional manner while maintaining safety guidelines. Come join our team and see where it can take you!
- Valid Driver’s License (class 5, 3, 2 or 1)
- Thorough knowledge Calgary and surrounding communities an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions
- Ability to maintain simple records and make verbal reports
- Excellent memory and organizational skills
- All successful candidates must provide a recent criminal record check as part of employment
- Ability to work unsupervised or in a team scenario
- Ask for support when required to ensure all jobs are completed with the highest level of service possible
- Ability to take direction, learn and work independently as well as part of a team
- Motivated and energetic team player with an attention to detail and great work ethic
- Must provide a clean driver abstract and be able to pass a background check, drug, alcohol and fit to work test
- Must be double vaccinated or willing to test if/when restrictions are enforced
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
- Always demonstrate professionalism and safe work practices
- Working in accordance with City Wide Towing policies and procedures
- Providing exceptional customer service & client experiences
- Keep your assigned truck in a professional state inside and out
- Pick up and deliver variety of items; “If it fits, it ships!”
- Strong adherence to City Wide Towing safety policies and protocols
- Air brakes considered and asset
- Previous towing experience preferred but not mandatory, will train the right applicant
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Ability to perform moderate to heavy intensive tasks for extended periods of time
- Working in a variety of outdoor and indoor environments with the ability to withstand cold to hot temperatures and any weather that may present itself throughout your shift
- Physically demanding position
- Significant sitting and a moderate amount of climbing, stooping, kneeling, standing
- Repetitive motions
- Ability to regularly lift, carry, push and pull weights of up to 50 lbs
- Evenings, weekends, days, nights, rain or shine, cold or hot
- Inter-provincial, provincial and local destinations are common across most fleets
- Work alongside law enforcement and emergency services personnel on various accident scenes
Join our Team. Let’s get growing together
We thank all applicants for applying; only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Why City Wide: All our team members are provided with a well-rounded compensation package that includes competitive wages, uniforms, training allowances, bonuses, benefits and the opportunity for advancement within the industry. City Wide also provides the necessary training to do the job in a professional manner while maintaining safety guidelines. Come join our team!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.