Urban Life Solutions
Caring for Our Outdoor World
Urban Life Solutions is a national outdoor service provider offering unique solutions that aspires to exceed customer expectations. We have united Canada’s top outdoor service providers in a consolidated effort to bring the best in Professional Outdoor Services to our clients. Municipalities, Government Agencies, and Commercial Portfolio Holders are embracing our abilities to deliver value added services in a way that provides ongoing accountability, effective costing, flexibility, and professionalized service delivery.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Under the direction of the Director of Business Development, the Branch Manager, is responsible for the success and growth of outdoor property services in Saskatoon and area. You shall build and manage a team that sets the standard of excellence by which all branches are measured.
Health & Safety
- Manage compliance with all health & safety regulations and strive for zero incidents. Oversee maintenance of our Certificate of Recognition for the Saskatchewan branch.
- Identify recruitment needs and promote healthy culture to ensure maximum retention and development of Urban Life Solutions Team Members.
- Adhere to and maintain compliance with the Human Resources Policy.
Business Development and Sales
- Promote the Urban Life Solutions brand and value proposition in the community.
- Develop the prospect network and document continuous contact with all prospects and clients in our CRM.
- Manage local Account Manager and assist with pre-qualification of leads and closing sales to exceed budget objectives.
- Collaborate with the VP Sales Western Canada on major snow and maintenance opportunities.
- Collaborate with the General Manager, Construction on landscape construction projects.
- Manage local operations to represent our brand consistently, fulfill our value proposition, and comply with all processes.
- Measure and manage work practices to maximize safe, cost-effective deployment of services.
- Provide daily production targets to all Team Members. Measure, dashboard and review progress daily / weekly / monthly / annually.
Fleet & Facility
- Manage Shop Foreman for efficient scheduling and execution of tasks. Provide guidance with prioritization of repair and maintenance activity.
- Provide direction and oversight to the Shop Foreman for maintenance and repair of the facility.
Accounting & Administration
- Maintain compliance personally and for all Team Members in your branch with all financial processes and deadlines.
- Manage local Office Manager and collaborate with corporate Finance Team.
- Work collaboratively with all other groups within your office and all branch offices. Always seek out solutions.
- Represent the company with integrity and consistently conduct yourself in alignment with company policies and values. Hold all Team Members to the same standard.
- Establish and maintain a positive, inspiring culture for all Team Members and Subcontract Partners.
For your branch, you will be responsible for producing:
(1) a weekly KPI;
(2) monthly P&L review;
(3) quarterly reporting as requested;
(4) annual budget and CAPEX forecast;
(5) Growth CAPEX analysis.
Education, Experience, Required Skills:
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in a business providing field service or construction services.
- Experience managing full spectrum of operations in business with 30+ staff.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional computer and software proficiency.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule with some travel (typically 3 days per month).
- Post-secondary education in business, human resources, or communication.
- Formal Health & Safety training.
- Experience in the snow & ice management or landscape industry
- Hours of work vary relative to the season and weather. Requires availability by phone and email on weekends and evenings during snow events.
WHAT ULS HAS TO OFFER:
- Competitive salary $90,000-$110,000
- Training allowances and continuing education support
- Corporate benefits package
- Company pension plan contribution program
- Incentive Plan
- Vehicle Allowance
Why ULS: Come join our team and get involved with one of the largest and most progressive full service landscape companies in Canada!
To apply for this job email your details to NZamorano@urbanlifesolutions.com.