Urban Life Solutions
Caring for Our Outdoor World
ULS is always looking for Journeymen or Apprentice Horticulturists or educated Landscape Gardeners to join our team in various positions.
If this describes you, please feel free to send a resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest. We have a multitude of opportunities for individuals pursuing the trade throughout the year in both CALGARY and SASKATOON.
- Minimum High School Diploma & pursuing Horticultural or Landscape Gardener trades
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in a similar role
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to provide copy of driver’s abstract
- Operating certifications for various types of equipment and tools
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions
- Strong adherence to ULS safety policies and protocol
- All successfully candidates must provide a recent criminal record check as part of employment
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
- Previous landscaping, snow removal and/or maintenance experience is an asset
- Ability to take direction, give direction, learn and work independently as well as part of a team
- Motivated and energetic team player with an attention to detail and great work ethic
- Punctual and dependable
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Ability to perform moderate to heavy intensive tasks for extended periods of time
- Working in a variety of outdoor environments with the ability to withstand cold and hot temperatures
- Cold weather, on-call during winter months
- Physically demanding position & repetitive motions
- Significant standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling
- Ability to regularly lift, carry, push and pull weights of up to 100 lbs
- Mon – Fri, 10-12 hours per day. Occasional weekend work
Join our Team. Let’s get growing together
We thank all applicants for applying; only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Why ULS: ULS offers both seasonal and year round employment. All our team members are provided with a well-rounded compensation package that includes competitive wages, field wear, training allowances, bonuses, benefits and the opportunity for advancement within the industry. ULS also provides the necessary training to do the job in a professional manner while maintaining safety guidelines. Come join our team and get involved with one of the largest and most progressive full service landscape companies in Canada!